Reuters: Most Read Articles

Monday, December 19, 2016

Results seem to defy Physics during a simple experiment with ice

This is a continuation of my previous experiment in the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bcfMJ7UZA&t=5s

If you haven't watched it yet, you may want to watch it so you can get an idea of what I am comparing my results to.

Saturday, I weighed a bottle I filled with water. It weighed precisely 3 pounds.

After I froze it, I weighed the bottle again and the scale indicated it gained 1 tenth of an ounce. Today after it had a chance to thaw, though not completely, I weighed it again and it was back down to 3 pounds exactly.

Given the results I am finding, it appears that water takes on additional weight while frozen.

I hope to continue repeating this experiment and begin to document my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment