Reuters: Most Read Articles

Monday, August 22, 2016

Do painkillers cause cancer?

Today, I want to talk about a topic that has been on my mind for a while. Keep in mind, I am not a doctor or a scientist so please take what I say about this topic with a grain of salt and do not make any medical decisions based on what you read here. I am definitely not an expert on the subject. I am only sharing my thoughts about the subject. Consult with a doctor if you have any questions about pain killers and their affects on your body.


To begin with lets cover some statistics. It is a well known fact that America has one of the largest cancer rates in the world. It also happens to be one of the most medicated societies on earth and when I say medicated, I mean that a significant amount of Americans are on some form of medication or another. The leading choice of medications is painkillers.


According to the "National Institute for Drug Abuse" nearly 52 million people are on one form of medication or another and over 50% of those are on pain medicine. That is over a whopping 26 million people on pain medicine.

Before we dive into why I think painkillers contribute to cancer, I want to explain briefly how your body is designed to deal with pain. You have probably heard in the past that pain is your body telling you something is wrong. While this is true, it is only partially true. The truth is that pain is your bodies way of telling your brain there is something wrong so that it can send blood to the affected area to induce healing.


Remember, I am no doctor or scientific expert on this subject but these are things I remember being taught in school. If you are wounded in some way either visibly or internally, the pain signals are interpreted by the brain and the brain then causes the heart to beat faster to increase blood flow to the affected area and begin the healing process. This is the body's natural way to heal itself.

While the pain is uncomfortable, it is necessary because it makes the brain aware of an issue so it can take the necessary action to fix the problem.

Introducing big pharma and painkillers.


One thing you should know before reading on is that painkillers do not promote healing. In fact they do just the opposite.

Let me explain by telling you how painkillers work.

According to the "Science Museum" here;
"When part of your body is injured, special nerve endings send pain messages back to your brain. Painkilling drugs interfere with these messages, either at the site of the injury, in the spinal cord or in the brain itself."
That says it all right there. Painkillers interfere with these pain messages that should be sent to your brain. Without these messages the brain is unaware of the problem so it cannot take the necessary steps to produce healing to the injured area.

Do I need to say more? Think about it. We are in pain so we decide we will turn off all communication to our integrated physician.

Imagine an army platoon surrounded by the enemy. The enemy is closing in on all sides and they need help. The radioman is standing by with a radio but instead of radioing for help, the platoon leader decides they will hide under cover and hope the enemy leaves. This would be suicide. Any leader in his/her right mind would pick up the radio and call for reinforcements or an air strike to destroy the enemy.


In essence that is precisely what we are doing when we take painkillers. We are preventing the transmission of signals that are necessary to send our brain to the rescue. Instead we block the communication with painkillers and the brain is essentially unaware of an issue and wounds don't heal properly.

Without the brain's intervention the wounds don't heal properly. Many forms of cancer are essentially wounds that won't heal. If the brain is made unaware of a wound or injury it is unable to start the necessary healing process causing the wound/injury to become worse and even begin to affect surrounding tissues and organs turning into what we know as a cancerous tumor.

In my opinion painkillers are a significant contributor to cancer and should not be used except in extreme cases and after the brain has had time to perform the the steps necessary to help heal the injured area.

Anyway, that is all I have to say about the subject. Like I said, I am no expert so please consult your physician regarding any questions regarding pain medication and its potential risks to your health. This is just my opinion on the subject

In closing I will ask the question again "Do painkillers cause cancer?". I don't think that they cause all forms of cancer but I certainly think it contributes to some forms of cancer.

Do you agree or disagree?

Please feel free to comment below.

Feel free to get a copy of my book titled "The Never Ending Letter" on Amazon.

Check out my other blog at www.helloanna.com.

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, etc... @privetanna, @bryguy1955 and @whoisbryguy1955

Also feel free to check out my youtube channel here.

#WhoIsBryguy1955 #HelloAnna #TheNeverEndingLetter




Opiates all work in a similar way to opium, which is extracted from popp

No comments:

Post a Comment